Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ChangeFest '09!


Not... the Obama ChangeFest. (It's Hope Day 22!!)

Also not referring to... The Change. (eew, I'm not THAT old, yet.)

Of GREATER importance -- and maybe significance -- and perhaps an even scarier plunge than the aforementioned -- is my own personal recent change in identity.

Let me know what you think-- and I mean HONESTLY (- what's the point of A New Era if there's no honesty? Because then... there's no HOPE...). I can change it back.  In fact, I have another hair appointment exactly two weeks after the one that gave me what you're about to see, in case I totally hate it and want to go back.

BEFORE...

a little worried

(sorry, stupid mirror photo-- it was the best I could do at the last minute, as in the last minute before my drive to potential Hair Death)

... AFTER!

very stupid expression on my face, but it's the only decent "after" photo. I was too upset at the time to really smile.


My brother Allen (on the right) said he prefers brunettes. His wife's a brunette. His daughter is a pale blond. When he said brunette is better and she protested (she was standing right there), he said, "Don't worry... your hair will go brown someday." 


Later on, he and my other brother Chad reminded me of how my teeth used to look. I love them.


My backyard. My niece. My hair shimmering in the (overcast) sunlight.


My little sister had blondish-brown hair the last time I saw her... almost a total coincidence!

So after a few days to get used to it, I'm kinda digging the look, but am also mourning the loss of my blonde identity. I figure I'll go back someday, but enjoy this for now. Pending public approval, of course :) (I think that blondes might really have more fun...)

Oh, and the student response today was priceless:

"Your hair's dark, Miss Doezie. You look better."
"You look nice today, Miss Doezie. Something's different..."

and

"WHY did you DO that??"

All of the above comments from boys, of course.


13 comments:

Laney said...

I like it! I go between blonde and brunette with the seasons every year and think there are good things about both. Blonde makes me feel summery and sometimes hotter and sometimes younger. But brunette makes me feel like my eyes and features stand out more. I think your brown is a really good brown for you - it almost looked a bit red in the outside shot, which was nice!

dana said...

fun! I especially like it outside. There's some red in it. LOVE it.
You're gorgeous either way.

Megan said...

I wasn't too sure about it until I saw the outside photo... Now I'm sold! Of course, I'm biased! :)

The Dragonfly said...

I LOVE it! I think it makes your skin and eyes very luminous! You know I did this last winter and ended up going back to blond - but I enjoyed the brown while I had it. You look beautiful, as always.

Katie said...

I have been debating if I want to go back to brunette also.......and you have made up my mind. NO WAY! j/k. It looks super! I think I'll go brunette again too at my next hair appointment.

Julia Harps said...

It lookd good on you. YOu are beautiful as always.

annie said...

I've always wanted brown hair so I really like it. I think blonde is great though too- I just can't pull off that look at all. I can't pull off brunette either so what am I rambling about??!! :o) You look great. I do like that it has a tint of red in the outside shot. You look MAAAAAAH-velous! Keep it brown.

Diane said...

I love it. I have always wanted to go brunette. You are very brave ... and it turned out great!

dcr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dcr said...

i've been blond on and off for many years and gotta say, not only is it EASIER and CHEAPER to have a more natural hair color, i prefer it (most of the time).

and it looks MUCH better on you than me! (both blond and not-blond.)

A Little Sass said...

I like it ... I think it looks good on you and if anything the change is fun! I am probably not the best one to ask seeing as I change my hair color every time I get my hair done. I am proud of you .. It really does look good on you!

Unknown said...

I guess I should comment since half my family has... It's alright if your into great looking hair and stuff. Actually, I lurve it mucho. My brunette friend Jennie, I dig it.

Joel and Natalie said...

I just read all the post for the last couple of months. Love them all. Love Virginia and DC pics (soo beautiful). Love your Christmas list, love your hair, love you. I hope you are having a good week. See you tomorrow!