Friday, August 19, 2011

100 percent awesome, squared

It's taken me a while to blog about this, the most awesome of birthday packages ever and throughout all time and in the future, because I'm totally intimidated to try to put into words just how great it was and what it meant to me. Any attempts will be meager. And, I've forgotten how to write in general, I thinks.

BUT-- I cannot -- CANNOT -- leave this Package of Awesomeness un-homaged. Nor my incredible friend Sam, who designed, created, and sent it to me. Best birthday package ever, Sam. THANK YOU!!

So... let me try to describe it with the most powerful of words: images. :)

It started with a box. Derr. I would've included a picture of the label on the box, because even that was great, but then I'd have to blur out the addresses and that would have just ruined the design. But suffice it to say-- even the LABEL was designed to match the theme of the package! Sam had told me pre-delivery that the bday package had a theme (I was so excited :) -she is TALENTED, after all) --and which I was about to learn when I opened the box to this greeting...


... and found out that the theme was "all things graphically minded"...!

Here's how cute it was even all organized, within the box... SO excited to discover everything... Behold...


The entire package started with a jar. Sam knows I love jars and bottles, and she has a knack 
for finding cool ones... and when she found THIS one, she created an entire theme around it!


The cool jar had a square/graph design on it... and the next thing she found was a
locally-made, "graphically simple" lotion... that happened to fit perfectly inside the jar!



...and of course she included a pump for the lotion. And of course I had to
photograph it individually on a graph-type fabric.



... Next, I pulled out a series of books and a little glassine package...


This one, Sam made HERSELF. 

A little booklet of graph paper, bound with red ribbon and entitled "Brilliant Ideas" 
(soooo appropriate for me :)


(...and so cute!) 
Next was a group of three little notebooks with awesome graph-ey designs on them, and a sleeve/label
which read, "Too Many Notebooks? Never!"



My sentiments exactly :) (Sam knows me well...)







...and the little glassine pack held a cool section of graphic ribbon... 
she knows how much I looooove ribbon :)



AND-- also in the box-- a Ritter Sport!! Ritter Sports already have "meaning" with us,
 but it was more than that-- as evidenced by the little sticker that said, "What? It's a Square!"


Finally, after ALL THAT-- I also found a little bottle of Essie nail polish, in 'Vanity Fairest'


Why, you may ask? Why is nail polish included in a graphic/square-themed package?


:)

I love it. 

Thank you so much, Sam!! You truly made my birthday. And I am, as ever, sooo lucky to have you for my friend-- and not just because you're so creative sometimes it makes me want to puke. And that is a heartfelt sentiment.  Love you tons--




4 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Is it lame to comment on a blog about a gift I sent? Whatevs.

Books are boring. Themed gifts are awesome!

Can we change the tradition? Because we're worth it and you might be one of the only people who appreciates it! :P

jd said...

Yes, let's change the tradition!! The new theme is:

THEME

There are going to be so many great years to come, with this... :)

Laura said...

Hi! I've recently seen your blog and I've really like it. The photos of the presents are really sweet (I love them)!I'll be following you:)

Laura

Laura said...

Hi! I've recently seen your blog and I've really like it. The photos of the presents are really sweet (I love them)!I'll be following you:)

Laura