Sunday, December 7, 2008

every day that I am single, some guy is MISSING OUT.


I actually say that quite a bit, but pretty much only when I've cooked something especially good or am having an especially good hair day. Which is quite a bit (when I try), if I'm going to be honest... honesty is another desirable quality in a girlfriend/fiancee/spouse, right?


Here are three reasons why some guy is missing out TODAY:


1. For dinner, I cooked (for myself--alone! Sad.) the following: seared flank steak with a four-spice rub; roasted mushrooms; spinach salad with goat cheese, dried cherries and a balsamic vinaigrette; and baked sweet potatoes with maple sour cream. YUM.


2. I only ate small portions and didn't eat dessert, because I am very very skinny.


3. My hair was looking pretty good.





Okay, so Number 2 is actually a lie-- while I did only eat small portions of a pretty balanced (post-fast) dinner, I had a few little Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Shortbread Stars later while watching a Christmas episode of Little House on the Prairie. And I'm not very very skinny. Or very skinny. Or, skinny, really... huh. But my hair was still looking pretty good.

(photo and recipes courtesy of Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazine. Easy, and yummers.)

3 comments:

Laney said...

Sigh. Did you just write this post to make me feel guilty? I'm TRYING to find you an eternal companion, I promise! That food sounded amazing. Where was your domestic partner, Eva, to share it with you?

The Dragonfly said...

Yum. I am a lazy loser and while you were eating that gourmet feast we were having a "brinner" (breakfast dinner)also known as "mom is too lazy to cook a real meal so we're having scrambled eggs, sausage, toast and yogurt."

Like I said, I'm a lazy loser.

Diane said...

The food looks amazing! Wow!