Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Does Not Disappoint.

ohhh, it most CERTAINLY doesn't.



I had such high hopes for this recipe.

Happily, those hopes were REALIZED. "Skillet Lasagna" is the name by which its creator identifies this delicious concoction (the WS, what else?), but really it should be called "Why Would You Eat Anything Else-Lasagna".  If you like pasta layered with Italian sausage, a white sauce of parmesan, sage and parsley, and LOADS AND LOADS of thinly sliced butternut squash, you will LOVE this. Or, hate it. Who am I to say if you have a refined palate or not...



For the recipe, click here

I, by the way, did not do the whole thing in a skillet... I prepped it in a skillet, but layered it in a large roaster pan to bake. You'd have to have a really big skillet to fit all that squash in there.  Enjoy!


4 comments:

stanky said...

Butternut squash + pasta = BEST FOOD COMBO EVER (maybe tied with peanut butter and chocolate)...

A Little Sass said...

I sure wish that you lived close so I could come eat with you!

dana said...

oh my gosh. TRYING IT. I will love it. Casey will hate. Such is life with butternut squash.

Diane said...

I have saved this post because I wanted to try this. My sister in law is here and she made it for us last night. DELICIOUS!!