Tuesday, March 17, 2009

heeheeheeheeheeheehee

*names have been changed

So my beloved T.A. Lauren* was a little sad today, more like stressed. I noticed right away that her usual smile wasn't quite as easy when she came in, so she sat down in her reserved chair next to my desk and we chatted about school woes, college anxieties, etc.

I was listening really well, but I was also quite distracted by the scene behind her:





...because, come on, how do those pants STAY UP??? It drives me crazy to see
them that low, and it HAS to drive those guys crazy to have their pants
half-hanging off of them all the time.

So I said, "Lauren, do you want to be cheered up?" and she said YES--!

So I called out, "OMAR*!"

He turned around. "Yeah?"
"Can you do something for me?"
"Sure, what?" (he's a nice kid)
and I told him to walk over to the open doorway on my right,
leading to a mini courtyard between my room and the next,
parallel classroom building... he did... and then I said,
"I want you to run as fast as you can from here to that wall, and then back"

and he said "but my pants will fall down!"
and I replied, "EXACTLY."

So he did, and they did. I demurely looked away as they were starting
to fall, because even though I'd been viewing his underwear/gym shorts or
whatever for 15 minutes already, a young man deserves his privacy.
And when he got back, it was good times and we were all having a great
laugh but I still told him, quite sternly, to PULL (HIS) PANTS UP.

It was soooo great-- and Lauren* was soooo diverted--


and then we continued the fun by making the other two boys
next to him do the same thing, their pants were too low, too, it was only fair.


5 comments:

Megan said...

Teacher of the Year for sure! That was awesome!

Katie said...

No youtube video? That would have been great.

Selene said...

I love how when I read your post, I can imagine EXACTLY how you are saying it. The pauses, the emphasis (emphasees??). It's like having you in the room.

Julia Harps said...

made me laugh. thanks!

Laney said...

Awesome. My little bro Conner is 16 and he wears his pants JUST like that. Kills me. And my dad.