Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School? Seriously?

So, teachers went back to work this week (the kids return after Labor Day), and each night of this week, I have forgotten that I have to go back into work the next day. Well, I don't really forget-- I think it's more of denial. Living the dream.

But so I have frittered away my valuable sleeping time doing frivolous things instead of just going to bed. Like right now... blogging...frivolous... and I'm only doing it because I did the also frivolous act of making a dessert tonight -

But it was a FANTASTIC dessert! It's a hazelnut-cracker-meringue tart with chocolate, whoop and strawberries. YUM, delish. It's from the book "Apples for Jam" by Tessa Kiros or someone like that. I don't know, I haven't bought the book yet (I kind of have enough cookbooks, and no one to cook for), I just happened to flip through it at work Tuesday night (Williams-Sonoma work, NOT high school work) and then found the recipe online on the publisher's website. Win-win.



2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I'm moving there now and you can cook for me. And make your table all cute too, of course.

Erica said...

yummy!!!