Thursday, February 18, 2010

I wholeheartedly concur.

.



(photo courtesy of l.a. times blogs)

I had a friend who once revealed that he liked to buy-- and use-- girlie lotions from Bath and Body Works.  In case you didn't catch the gender reference when I said "he", this is a guy I'm talking about. His rationale/justification/on-crack-delusion why this was a good thing? -- Because "girls like the smell, so I should smell like that, and girls will like me."

NO. NO NO NO.

Girls like men who smell like MEN! Ahhh, man-smell. Rugged and musky. And not to be confused with "boy-smell"-- that rank, mustily offensive malodor of Unwashed Boy that can commonly be found embedded in the walls of BYU off-campus male housing. No, the best man-smell is one of CLEAN--nothing better than fresh-laundry-smell on a man!--, with a slight woodsy musk coming from a not-too-pervasive man-perfume, preferably not identified as Drakkar Noir (that one is soooo over).

And, to be honest, the best smells I've ever whiffed from those men of my close acquaintance (close enough that I am allowed to sniff closely, and liberally) have actually been from not from cologne, but from... deodorant.

Which is why Old Spice definitely has something here. Deodorant, body wash, same diff.

But even if they had no platform for their claims, I would be sold on Old Spice purely by the genius of this commercial. -Wait, what am I saying? I AM sold. I am going to go out and buy it by the carton-full, to ensure that these commercials keep-a-comin'. I came home from the Olympics sad and depressed and lonely due to a moderate-to-severe case of PTD (Post-Trip-Depression), and whilst trying to fill that void by watching my recording of Tuesday night's LOST, I saw this spot for the first time and... I became whole. 





SO - FUNNY!!

And it doesn't hurt that Isaiah Mustafa is hhhhhot. Hgggllrrrrrrr. On or off a horse. 
But it does hurt that he's taken, SO sad, I was pretty sure I had a chance.

(photo of courtesy of l.a. times blogs)


For a great article about the commercial, and to even watch a "The Making Of...", click HERE

Take a lesson, Men.

3 comments:

dana said...

oh my gosh. we saw that randomly the other night (we never watch commercials) and had to rewind to watch it twice.
DYING.
Hilarious.

Megan said...

http://thereifixedit.com/2010/02/24/epic-kludge-photo-smells-like-a-sexy-ocean/

Thought you'd enjoy this... :)

Selene said...

Ok. That is the best commercial I have ever seen. I just keep watching it. "Here's some tickets to that thing you like." Ha ha ha ha ha