Monday, October 27, 2008

eight pride parade

Looking for another way to say Yes on 8? Let your chest (and back) do the talking! Let's face it, if you're a woman, someone's bound to be reading your chest at some point during the day... might as well have them read something of actual worth (words), a bold statement, a phrase that will generally cause a bit of shock or an unreadable expression from the viewer and you won't know if they agree or disagree... no matter what, it makes for a good time at the grocery store! (or Souplantation, if you're my roommate). Clothes used to be about covering nudity...protection from the elements... even fashion... all those purposes are sooooo last season. Now it's all about the eight.

So if you're ready to put that torso of yours to good use, you are ready for a FREE (-ly printed) SHIRT FROM ME! You provide the shirt and I'll print it for free, OR I'll buy the shirt and you can pay me back, and I'll still print it for free. You'll for sure have it by this weekend's rallies. Show your Eight Pride!!

shirts are $4.50 women, $5.00 men... specify Yellow Haze (as seen in this blog) -- OR, for the truly devoted, Lemon Zest (the vibrant, bold yellow of the Yes on 8 campaign) along with the size (women's shirts S-M-L-XL; men's S-M-L-XL-XXL).

Best deal in town. Really, I don't care if no one wants a shirt, less work for me, but... you just might. I'm planning on wearing mine every day during non-work hours (not quite appropriate for the workplace, somehow...) If it starts to stink, all the better-- then I will really get people's attention.

the back of the shirt is the Yes on 8 logo, used with permission (as far as I can tell; it was available for download on the protectmarriage.com site... good enough! I had to re-draw it anyway, the file was too small)...

Oh and you may wonder, why not put the logo on the front of the shirt? I'll let you find the answer to that question for yourself. Here's a hint: the upward curving arms and the round heads of the adult figures combine to form a shape that would be a liiiiittle bit awkward on the front of a female shirt... what I like to label/warn as "awkward placement" to my screen printing students... :)

And by the way, at MY house, we are all about the 8.

our yard sign has been stolen about three times so far...


Erin is Super Eight, and spends all of her free (and not-so-free) time making calls via the Internet... (sometimes she forgets they can't see her, and she actually waves when she starts off her conversation with a big "HI!". True story. We forgive her.)


and I (and my car) adamantly, vehemently, absolutely protest the actions of the CTA and Superintendent of Schools in donating 1.4 million dollars to the NO campaign, to aid in the defeat of a proposition that, in THEIR words, "...has nothing to do with kids and schools." What??!!! Don't even get me started. Seriously, don't.


eight pride eight pride eight pride YES ON 8 eight pride eight pride eight pride

11 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

If you have extra time/shirts, bring me one when you come (size M) in yellow Haze and I'll pay ya - even thought the elections will be over by then . . . I still want to be controversial and wear it to the gym - backwards with the placement issue and all! You rock! I'm forwarding this to my inlaws - you may get a call for a tee from them. Thanks for being such a vocal supporter! Love ya girl.

dana said...

Great shirt and great post. I love your support!
I posted my YES on Prop 8 on my MADE blog this weekend and wow, it's been interesting comments ever since. Maybe I was naive not to think most of the comments would be positive. But there's been some very negative feedback (some people now refuse to read my blog for crafting ideas simply because of my stance on 8. weird).
So I applaud you for being brave and having your teacher sticker on your car.

Katie said...

Go girls go!

If you will ship I will buy some.....

Do you have onsies? j/k

Katie said...

aaaaaaaand, I can't stop laughing. I will never look at a prop 8 sign the same, EVER......... at least for the next 7 days......
wonder if anyone did put it on the front and didn't know THE RULE

jd said...

Katie, I will ship... and I will ship for free, it's the least I can do! let me know asap... email me your address etc. (do you have my email? eva can give it to you... then again, I guess she could just give me your street address, huh? :)

The Queen Vee said...

Kudos to you J, for supporting prop 8! It is so important that it passes. Everyone can make a difference and you are a great example of that!

GREAT POST!!

Erica said...

Ok, I LOVE the picture of the 3 of you posing like the sign, FUNNY!!

Laney said...

Love this post and the pics! But I do have to disagree that every girl gets her chest read at least once per day. Not with these nearly A's, baby!

RichandNetta said...

Jennie...because I have checked out your blog I thought you might be interested in this....
BYU Devotional Oct 28th 2008, THE MORAL PURPOSES OF LAW AND GOVERNMENT. Given by a professor from Princeton, Robert George. It is such a great arugument for your stand on Prep.8 The man is brillant. We just happen to see it today and are telling everyone we know in Calif. about it.
Renetta (Erica's mom)

nephi said...

i ran into that very same design flaw when i tried to put the YES logo on the front of my pants, except i just abonded my plan altogether.

nephi said...

i actually ABANDONED my plans. it's possible that i abonded them too, i'm not really sure what that means.