Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm voting YELLOW


...and I may not be allowed to wear any political attire to the polls (i.e. my well-worn Yes on 8 shirt) but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be whispering "yes on 8 yes on 8 yes on 8" under my breath so silently that the voters in the next booth will think little angels are breathing words of encouragement and guidance into their ears.


Seriously can't wait for this election to be over. I am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN (wearing my USA shirt today, in lieu of aforementioned controversial proposition shirt), but I am a little nervous about what those Americans in California are going to vote, today. Okay, a lot nervous. It could go either way.

We'll see, tomorrow....!

-And there's not much time to blog right now, I'm in school, but before it's all after the fact--

Last Saturday was a YES ON 8 rally at a prominent intersection in my town, and it was AWESOME!! SO encouraging to hear all the honks (in favor, of course--but in favor or not, did it matter? I love honking!) and see all the thumbs-up, cheers, people driving by waving YES ON 8 signs out their windows, etc. We also got some people pointing "up" with their longest finger towards our signs, that was helpful too. It was like being in a parade, except in reverse, of course, since we were along the sidelines, but good because it was the closest I'll ever be to being the Rose Queen (totally robbed of that at age 17).

I was really hoping that someone would angrily throw something at me, y'know, to take it for the team and become a Rally Martyr. It looked for a while there like that dream wasn't going to happen (though my friend Laney said she'd go buy some eggs and throw them at me), but-- THEN-- dream come true!, these two guys drove by my corner, yelled angrily out the window "RRRRRAWWWWRRRbladdirahdiggeRAWR" and CHUCKED something at us/at my friend Brandy's feet--finally! And awesome, because it was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Win-win!!

So get out there people-- VOTE VOTE VOTE--







(never been so happy to have people stare at my chest. STARE STARE STARE)

Below is my favorite rally-er...

4 comments:

dana said...

Your sign is hilarious. very clev-ah.

Laney said...

What, no pictures of Matt? He'll be so disappointed. You can still take me up on that offer to throw eggs at you, you know. I'd be happy to do it anytime, just because I'm that awesome of a friend.

Katie said...

we wore our shirts stinky! Thanks so much!

Erin said...

Your favorite rallier is Brandon. He's getting baptized soon!