Wednesday, November 5, 2008

congratulations, President-Elect Barack Obama!




I may be Republican and I didn't vote for Obama, but I am proud to be an American and happy that we have a president whom the people are excited about. If nothing else, it is encouraging that so many people went out to vote, and if Barack Obama can ignite patriotism in his presidency and help to bring back an overall respect for our country's leaders, I am happy. Apathy makes me sad, and I can't stand it when there is disrespect for our elected president.
So I support you, Obama!
And p.s.-- loved McCain's concession speech. That was absolutely dignified, respectful, humble and just fabulous. Again-- really proud to be an American today.

(above picture: I was in downtown LA a few weeks ago, buying screen printing supplies, and an outside wall on the street next to the store really struck me-- it says a lot...)





And here I am shaking Obama's hand very excitedly. It was such an honor that he came to my school on Halloween!

5 comments:

Laney said...

That is a really cool picture! And I like and agree with your sentiments. That's a very positive way to look at things.

Diane said...

I feel the same way! It's time for the country to unite!

Katie said...

Good perspective. Thanks for sharing

=)

Yeah USA

A Little Sass said...

Wow Jennie! Way to look at the good side of things. You are so right. It has always bugged me when people are disrespectful of our President, whether they like him or not. This is something I am going to have to work on with this one. I am impressed you shook his hand. I don't think I could have done that. And I would have probably wanted to tell him what I think of him. Thanks for pointing out the good! We all need to focus on the positive right now.

Erica said...

I LOVE you Jennie Doezie!!!