Monday, May 4, 2009

Addendum to earlier post

Apparently, honesty is crap. And now is a really good time to use my swear words about a certain two or three people out there in the world:

because those BASTARDS BURGLARIZED OUR HOUSE!!

A note to these burglars or others hoping to profit: Don't come back. All we had was crap anyway, and there's nothing of worth left. You already took my passport and scriptures. Bastards. (Is it wrong to put those two words close to each other? Probably)

I also blame Stacy. I came home to a broken front window, glass on the ground, and this note from the police--


while she was outside snoozing on the hammock, oblivious.



 Until I ran inside FREAKING OUT, seeing everything ransacked and banging on the window "WE WERE ROBBED! WE WERE ROBBED!" and then forgetting to let her inside because I was pacing back and forth from room to room like a mouse trying to find the cheese in a maze. Thanks, Stace.

So.... here it is a few hours later, and here's the end result:

TAKEN:
-my Scriptures (my little ones, the kind they don't make anymore... SUPER sad about that)

-my passport and my three really cool passport wallets. This might be the worst-- I had a "Kingdom of Cambodia" huge visa sticker in there, come ON!! Sooo many memories, so many stamps from so many countries. Plus I need it in two weeks, oh shoot.

-my iPod touch that my dad gave me for Christmas

-my super-cool and expensive leather duffel bag that I bought for myself for my birthday gift last year

-bunch of other stuff

My roommates lost cameras, a laptop, a gym bag (what??), and a bunch of costume jewelry (hah hah hah, suckahs! Try to sell THAT!), and some other stuff. It's pretty sad.

REALLY SAD, TOO-- they busted the stained glass window my Grandpa had made. RAT bastards.




On the up side...

NOT taken:
-my school digital SLR (I thought they'd taken it; it was the one day I didn't take it to school with me, and it was on the floor by my bedroom door... but when the police came again, they appeared to have dropped it in the hall!
-my jewelry (all fake anyway--) --my mini jewelry box was dropped by the front door
-any other thing of worth, including my other cameras
-my LAPTOP-- I hide it every time I go on a trip anyway, and am always mocked for it... and my daily hiding apparently did the trick today to, BIG PHEW on that-- that would have killed me, there's so much of worth on that.

ALSO  on the up side--

The locksmith that came tonight was really hot, and he had a really sexy Eastern European accent, couldn't quite place it but it sounded Russian/Ukrainian. He said his name was Mike, THAT was probably a lie--  I'm sure it was something sexier like Yuri or Serge. Maybe Sascha. 




(I'm holding the emergency crowbar/hatchet that I keep under my bed in case of earthquakes, and/or intruders. It will definitely be clutched in my hand under my pillow, tonight. Along with an array of my five largest kitchen knives just a duck-and-roll away, on the other side of my bed)

And we're all hanging in there pretty well, we've got some pretty good fodder for jokes, or at least a good anecdote in the near future every time someone asks, "Hey, what's new?"

Eva's facebook status says that she would like to find whoever did this, lick her hand and slap them. In the interim, Stacy was a good proxy (since she didn't do a very good job of guarding us, sleeping on the hammock)




Erin's facebook status says that our house was broken into today and she was robbed, thankfully not of her virtue. But she did lose her computer and keeps trying to snag Eva's, now.



My facebook status mentions that, according to the policemen, apparently random strangers DON'T call up the station and say, "hey, was anyone robbed today? Can I contribute some cash to them?", so, I'm figuring we're going to have a benefit concert here pretty soon, or maybe just publish a benefit CD. "Feed the World"??  Soooo last century. 

In the meantime, I might put up a sign in the front yard that says "hey, return my scriptures, jerks", and to help up with possible future self-defense, we'll be watching this video daily until memorized.


Seriously. Click there :)

 

16 comments:

Megan said...

What's the 20 on the groovy silver locked case?

dana said...

UMMMMM. Crap.
Bastards indeed.

Katie said...

Good video.... and if you ever get a "Bad case of diarrhea" check out their other ones.

So lame.... and right after national honesty day too. Did they not read your last post?

Sorry Jenny. I'm mostly sad about the stained glass and your scriptures.... just not replaceable. Let me know when the benefit is.

=(

momhirt said...

i am really glad that stacy was outside and not inside when they came. it may have protected her from harm. so sorry about your stuff. we'll keep your safety in our prayers.

annie said...

Sooooo lame!!! I can't believe that!

The Dragonfly said...

JD,

We are so sad and sorry to hear about this latest news. You have every right to swear, curse and be disappointed/disillusioned! I am also very sad about your scriptures and passport. Invaluable.

The question now is WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP YOU? Love ya girl!

Selene said...

Ah Jennie. So lame. And scary. I'm so sorry you were robbed!

On the other hand, one can only hope that all robbers speak so slowly, carefully enunciating each and every word for their foreign victims.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Boooo!! to stupid robbers.

I love that they appeared to have dropped stuff on their way out. Clearly these guys were planners. I guess doing something like bringing a bag with them was a little too much thinking?

DORKS.

Solid core wood front doors.... they's a good thing. (Not that I don't love stained glass, but coming from someone who lives on her own most of the time - I take home security seriously.)

Laney said...

Wow, that's so scary!! And you live in such a quiet nice neighborhood and everything... On a selfish note, um, maybe me and Matt will stay in a hotel this weekend instead of in your room... bad timing for our house visit!

The Queen Vee said...

Top Ten Thoughts after reading this post.

1. It's scary when others invade our personal space and steal our stuff.

2. There really are nasty bad people out there in the world.

3. Bad things can happen to super great people.

4. Super great people can learn from the bad things that happen to them.

5. A sense of humor can get you through a lot of lifes experiences.

6. Maybe the scriptures will be of more use to someone else.

7. Keep an eye on your credit as those B******s now have a lot of important info about you via the passport. You don't need to be dealing with identity theft on top of a burglary.

8. Consider getting a big old barking dog....

9. ... or move to Virginny and come live with us.

10. Stuff can be replaced you can't! You're safe, no one was hurt, that's a blessing!

Stacy said...

I feel I better clarify. Yes, I was asleep on the hammock, but I got there after the fact, so I was never in any danger. However, I will forever be teased as the friend that just came over, never went to the front door, went straight to the backyard to enjoy some sun, and was completely oblivious to the terrible crime that had taken place. I'm there for you Jennie! Always looking out for you.

I will say though, I have never been so happy you went to Banana Republic...now that might have saved your life! Oh, and I ENJOYED Uri or whatever his name was firsthand....He wanted you Jennie, I saw the attraction. LUCKY!

Diane said...

That's awful. I'm so sorry that happened.

Natalie Petersen said...

Punk Faces! Stupid, Stupid Punk Faces! I hate them!

Erica said...

Nate and I are both amazed!! We'll help you slap them if you ever find them.

A Little Sass said...

What the *&%#! Buddy not your passport! This is going in the book FOR SURE!

stanky said...

One comment on the robbery- effing bastards.

One comment on the video- I live where that was made. My life is AWESOME! Maybe when you come visit we can go to a live recording or something.