Thursday, May 14, 2009

JUSTICE

...is about to be served! Or hopefully sometime very soon!

MY PASSPORT WAS FOUND in the possession of a man picked up for car theft!!!! I was tracked down by a detective through my brother (uh.. apparently, I hadn't filled out the "please keep these entries up to date" contact info section of the passport??) this afternoon and I just went to pick it up-- the man who had it is in custody, and I saw his picture-- he is a scary scary looking man. I said to the detective, "No, I don't know him... but he doesn't look very kind". She said "He's not". Gross and scary that he (or his friends/partners in crime) were in our house.

BUT-- how amazing is it that they actually have a LEAD, then, on who could have burglarized our house! If it's not him, this dude MUST have some info to share. But the fact that they also found car keys on him for the same make of cars as Eva's and Erin's, gives some pretty solid evidence! (and lets them breathe easier! Once a car thief, always a car thief, after all... it could have been just a matter of time before he decided to come take theirs...)

HAH HAH HAH, thief-man!!! I hope you rot behind bars, at least for a while. And I hope that I don't have to go into the Witness Protection Program to keep myself safe when you get out. Haven't exactly gone to a line-up yet or testified against him in court as he gives me Pit of Hell looks from across the room and memorizes my face, but you never know.

AND-- I got my PASSPORT back!! Never mind that I just picked up my new one, yesterday... or that, now that I look at it, all those stamps/visas aren't as great as I remember them, huh... but-- I GOT IT BACK!! And it didn't get sent to the National Passport Center, where it would have been destroyed and not returned to me. Good thing he/they took it, actually, the detective said that the only thing with any identification on it when they searched his house was my passport and two pieces of paper with my name on it... how would they ever have known to connect him with us?? And hopefully-- HOPEFULLY-- we'll be able to track down some of our stolen stuff, especially Erin's laptop!!

HAH. Seriously hope he rots, and/or rehabilitates. By the look of his face in the mugshot, though, he has NOT been reading my stolen scriptures.

Sooooo grateful.... a lot to be thankful for, today... :)

8 comments:

Selene said...

Awesome!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

yay for justice....! Can you draw a picture of him so we can all see how scary he was/is? I mean, you are a great artist and I don't think that is too much to ask..... =)

Breena said...

Yay for the Cali police actually doing their job! When my laptop (with the only updated copy of a 50 pg paper I was working on), wallet and mucho dinero/wedding giftcards were stolen in London a few years ago, the Metropolitan Police never showed up. When we went to the station the next morning to make a report they very nicely took my statement (along with the cell phone photo and address of the teenage punk who was on the scene laughing saying he knew who did it) and told me in their very nice accents that it wasn't important enough to investigate. Grrr... lazy Brit fuzz. Glad there's some justice for you. Please tell me you've installed an alarm system now.

annie said...

WOW! I'm so amazed that it was found! That's an incredible story for sure... I can't wait to see how the rest of it pans out- hopefully just as good.

Megan said...

Scary, creepy men. Yeck.

Passports, good. Yay!

A Little Sass said...

Very exciting Buddy! That is how the found the guy that stole my car .. they found some stuff of mine with my name on it in HIS car. Bad people are so dumb! This will be a good story in the book .. very exciting!

Sally said...

Don't say your passport stamps aren't cool! I spent all last week feeling bummed about your stolen passport, and wishing I had some sort of passport stamp to document your Amish headache and other Pennsylvania thrills. I am so glad you got it back and I hope it's a link to further justice. Sounds like the detective working your case is a regular Mma Ramotswe.
BTW, Henry wondered why I suddenly got all posessive and peevish when I discovered a now-broken Curtis G while unpacking. Just a little relic from my past life, kids.
Thinking of you. Elephant seals-- ha!